About the Client
An American multinational ride-hailing company offering services that include peer-to-peer ridesharing, ride service hailing, food delivery (Uber Eats), and a micro-mobility system with electric bikes and scooters. The company is based in San Francisco and has operations in over 785 metropolitan areas worldwide. Its platforms can be accessed via their websites and mobile apps. Uber uses a globally diverse and fully integrated IT system consisting of a multi-platform solution to service its multi-cultural employees, contractors, and end customers.
The technology landscape at Uber has rapidly evolved over the past 3-4 years, demanding an elastic IT team to support the global user base. Uber quickly realized that it would have to adopt a Cost of Ownership model for IT Management and shortlist possible vendors/partners for IT development and support.
Business Requirements & Challenges
Some of the key business requirements and challenges are outlined below
- Uber CIO was looking to enhance Applications Operation support across the entire application estate to provide 24×7 management of globally distributed landscape
- Managing & Supporting high availability People Apps. operations powered by Workday and other edge applications
- Support of a Complex Salesforce implementation for various business groups (Ride-hailing, Eats, and other emerging products) spanned over 8 salesforce instances
- Managing the Atlassian Suite of Products (Jira, Confluence, etc.) for a complex implementation supporting the Uber Engineering team of 10000+ folks globally
- Provide Support for Gsuite, Collab, and Productivity apps for 30,000 Global Uber employees
Products & Services
- Improved service quality & customer satisfaction with a dedicated service model
- Globally distributed team of 50 individuals
- Resources on-site in the US and India
- Unbridled access to Jade Global leadership
- Prompt & swift problem resolution by a team that understands
I see Jade Global becoming a bigger part of our impact on the company. So I really appreciate all that (they) and their team have done thus far and look forward to working together more. This seems like a really positive week. Good job, folks! Love seeing AppOps taking a bigger and bigger role. Thank you.
- Chris Duarte