Electronic data interchange (EDI) is the electronic exchange of business documents between organizations in a standard format. It allows businesses to exchange documents such as purchase orders, invoices, and shipping notices with their trading partners quickly, securely, and efficiently. EDI eliminates the need for paper-based documentation and manual data entry, which can be time-consuming and error-prone. It is a standardized protocol that transmits data files in real-time and automates the supply chain process. EDI is widely used in retail, healthcare, and logistics industries.
With changing market needs and customer preferences, every industry is set to modernize its ways of operation. Though EDI has progressed a lot from its rudimentary processes, there are some common areas where it lacks modernization –
Get a no-charge customized demo and need assessment of EDI Snowflake Data Hub
Challenges with EDI and Opportunities for Improvement
- Illegible format: The EDI data is primarily in short forms and challenging to decipher. Reading through the information in the EDI format is very difficult. Users would prefer to read more business-friendly and intuitive data like new technologies.
- Integration with Cloud and Mobile Technologies: Many businesses now use cloud-based and mobile technologies to manage their operations. However, some EDI systems may not be fully integrated with these technologies, limiting their ability to take advantage of the benefits of cloud and mobile.
- Real-time Data Analytics: With the rise of big data and advanced analytics, businesses increasingly seek to gain real-time insights from their data. However, EDI systems may not be designed to provide real-time data analytics capabilities, making it more difficult for businesses to derive insights from their EDI transactions.
What is EDI Data Hub?
The B2B EDI Data Hub and Supply Chain Analytics is an end-to-end solution built by Jade Global. It translates the EDI data through Boomi, transforms it through Snowflake and reports it through Snowsight or PowerBI. Boomi, the world’s leading iPaaS, supports all popular standards such as X12, HL7, and EDIFACT and enables to quickly implement new standards that are coming up in the market. Snowflake, the market leader in cloud platforms, provides unique features like concurrency, elasticity, scalability, and data governance. Snowsight or Power BI, with their excellent analytical capabilities, can deliver reports that can comprehensively help the top management in their business strategies. All this makes the solution unique
The Key Features of the Solution
- Automated and scheduled Snowflake data ingestion of EDI data
- EDI format independent
- Data is centralized and sharable
- Unlimited, automatic scale and speed
- Simple, cost-effective infrastructure
- The modern way of data sharing among business partners and internal divisions
- Secure data is available to Snowflake consumers and readers
An entirely cloud-based solution that uses the modern stack of technologies – Boomi, Snowflake, and Power BI
All data are centralized and shareable with a single source of truth
Reduced operational costs
Enhanced user experience
Snowflake Integration Service Offerings
- Advice on how to modernize your EDI system using the Snowflake cloud platform
- Provide a sample of your EDI data, and we will convert it to meaningful reports
Request for services
Find out more about how we can help your organization navigate its next. Let us know your areas of interest so that we can serve you better.