EBS Upgrade projects significantly impacts company’s resources both business and IT and often challenges the ROIs. While Oracle is continuing to invest in EBS product line and if the customer is planned to stay in EBS for reasonable amount of time, it is worth considering to be in the latest version. This is critical to keep the total cost of ownership (TCO) low and to implement the latest innovations for your company.
Propero is an automated solution to perform EBS Upgrades in a most efficient way to reduce time and effort and perform upgrade in an efficient way.
The solution covers both – Technical Upgrade and Functional Upgrade involving business transaformation
- New Features : There are many new features in EBS R12 and it is often times confusing for the business users to understand these. With PROPERO, users can now view a concise list of all the features, functionalities and changes in R12 segregated by module and track. They can further explore the new functionalities or the feature if they need by going to the change management tab.
- Change Management : Structured change management process will ultimately drive user adoption and acceptance is critical for implementation success. There is lot of reusable documentation available in PROPERO including the delta training, plans, test cases segregated by module and type which serve as great assets for developing a change management plan tailored to the customer environme
- Governance Impact : There are many changes in the EBS menus, functions and responsibilities in R12 and it is challenging to manually identify them. Propero provides a list of these changes by modules. This will help identify the changes in the SOX procedures, in an accelerated way. It also includes a feature to identify all the changes in the customer specific environment between two instances which minimizes errors and accelerates post configuration validation
- Code Extractor : This feature is mainly used for the assessment phase. PROPERO extracts all the custom code at the database and operating system level from your EBS environment and makes it available for the CEMLI and Environment impact analysis.
- Impact Analyzer : The extracted code, using the code extractor, is imported into the impact analyzer. The impact analysis engine will perform the detailed impact analysis and provides the view quick view of the impacted objects.
- Impact Drilldown : This is reporting feature of the tool that provides further drill down of the impacted objects with suggested resolution and various analytics on the custom objects, including grouping of the customizations by object type, track and details. It also, provides the environment details.
- Object Repository : This is a library of changes by version for all the standard objects, by module and track. It provides a good reference for the developers to make changes in the code and accelerate the testing.
- Automation Toolkit : This is repository of multiple reusable automations to help you improve users productivity by eliminating manual tasks.