About the client
Founded in 1979, McGrath RentCorp manages a diversified portfolio of business-to-business equipment rental providers worldwide. McGrath businesses serve a broad spectrum of industries, including telecommunications, construction, education, petrochemical and environmental. McGrath is traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol “MGRC.”
Industry: Industrial and commercial renting
Products & Services
- Concrete5 - Content management system to manage websites
- Azure Data Factory (ADF) & Webjobs – Provide data to different business processes for data analysis
- Custom Web API to collect data at central DB
- Drupal – Content management system to manage blog sites
- Review service and google reviews integration
- Custom related products suggestions
- Website SEO maintenance
- Location based page content
Equipping the Marketing Function
What McGrath needed foremostly was to develop responsive, user-friendly, and scalable websites for the ATR and TRS division. This meant going granular with the website structure that makes its easily navigable, intuitive and empowers their marketing team. They sought a way to continually perform enhancements to implement new changes and improve the existing functionality.
On the customer front, they required a strong Oracle CRM integration, email notification for both customer and the marketing team, and several powerful integrations like Google reviews, Google analytics API, Converge Track API, and SEO integration and maintenance.
I consider Jade Global more of an extension to our Marketing team versus vendor. They have proven to be great partners and care about the success of our business. I’m very impressed with their responsiveness and ability to find resolutions to customized web projects and issues.
Thank you for your dedication and help.
Coping with Growth
The meteoric growth of the ATR and TRS division of McGrath has been congruous with the need to update and manage a medley of new products added from time to time to their website. This however, wan managed manually, which meant extra overhead. Plus, they largely depended on their development team to perform simple content changes.Additionally, they were facing issues with the website like:
- Complex flow to read data from TRS division’s server
- Custom building API for oracle CRM integration for PHP
- Low search engine ranking
- Complex and dynamic menu design
- Cleansing error prone data from on premise database
- Extra human efforts to manage and maintain on premise servers
- Location detection for location base dynamic content visibility
Adding a new manufacturer or product was earlier cumbersome for McGrath. However, Jade Global turned it around for the better, dynamically generating product and manufacturer pages whenever new product or manufacturer gets added in the product maintenance repository. Jade Global also introduced Concrete5 on page content edit functionality and custom-built editing functionality which helped erase any dependency they had on the development team for minute content changes.
Better SEO, better visibility
Jade Global significantly Improved the SEO data process to dynamically update sitemap daily to include newly added pages for better search engine ranking.
- Heavy blobs maintained on Azure blob storage for better speed and reduce overhead on internal database
- HTML5 and CSS3 used to provide interactive and up to date UI
- Better performance, ease of access to information and increased usability
- Google based location detection functionality for dynamic content/product visibility
- Email functionality to inform customer as well as respected team about every new quote request
- Responsive webpages supporting multiple screen resolutions from mobiles, tablets to large screens
- Custom API built in PHP to integrate CRM and post form data from website to CRM
- Bootstrap jQuery Framework to make the UI Responsive and interactive
- Custom-built product recommendation functionality to increase product accessibility
Know how Managed Services can help your business become more resilient.Schedule a Free Consultation