Read how a large semiconductor company used Jade Global's Oracle Channel Revenue Management Cloud Services, Implementation, Support, and Automation Services to increase revenue forecasting accuracy.
Jade is recognized for its full-line Oracle ERP implementation and support. For a recent implementation with Lattice Semiconductor, Jade implemented ASC 606 Revenue Standards using the Oracle Channel Revenue Management Platform and automated data flow to RMCS from EBS and Third-party systems.
About the Client
Lattice Semiconductor is the low-power programmable leader. Lattice provides solutions to problems across the network, from the Edge to the Cloud. Lattice product offerings enable customers in the consumer market to build technology that utilizes more computing power, higher resolution video, and reduced energy consumption.
Oracle ERP Environment:
- Jade Global is engaged with Lattice Semiconductor to provide a multi-year Annual Maintenance Contract for their state-of-the-art ERP system built on the Oracle EBS application.
- It included product suites such as Oracle Financials and Supply Chain Management.
Lattice used to track the distributor’s revenue and cash flow separately and manually cleared it. They wanted to streamline the process and have a single source of revenue data that they could use to increase sales, reduce costs, follow channel trends, and have faster decision making.
- Implement ASC 606 Revenue Standards using the Oracle Channel Revenue Management Platform.
- Integrate with Oracle EBS and Data Warehouse that was used to store the distributor’s transactions details.
- Automate data flow to RMCS from EBS and third-party systems.
- Single source of Revenue data for decision-making instead of switching between applications.
For ASC 606, data was widely spread across multiple applications and databases, resulting in the challenge of running reports and data consolidation.
Lattice had a complex process to calculate the distributor model revenue factor, which resulted in recurring manual efforts.
Due to the inaccurate revenue forecast, a large amount of true up/down was performed.
Jade’s implementation and support team developed highly customized applications to integrate RMCS with multiple third-party systems, while building data integrity checks and detailed audit trails. Implementing the RMCS helped the client simplify their business operations and improve their ability to forecast accurately.
- Jade successfully implemented the RMCS System and standardized processes to improve revenue forecasting accuracy.
- Oracle RMCS was implemented with Oracle EBS module footprint in a co-existence model.
- Multiple third-party systems integrations were built with RMCS to overcome the challenges of integrating widely spread data.
- Customized applications to reduce manual processing.
The Business Benefits
The implementation of Oracle RMCS provided several significant business benefits for Lattice.
- Overall, eliminated extensive manual efforts via automation.
- Eliminated the extensive manual effort required to manage sales and distribution.
- Improved Revenue Forecasting by more than 98%.
- Enabled smooth and streamlined AR period closing activities.
- Jade implemented Oracle RMCS and has been supporting it as a part of a long-running AMS contract, providing Lattice with strong, stable, year-on-year service level improvements from a single Oracle Cloud support partner with implementation expertise.
"Jade Global is our trusted AMS partner so it was a natural choice to engage them for our Oracle RMCS implementation. They provide a mix of deep Oracle experience and knowledge in ASC 606 that supported our shift in our revenue recognition approach. As promised, Jade provided a team that ramped up quickly so we could meet our accelerated timeline. The team was dedicated and worked seamlessly with our other partners which resulted in a successful go-live. We couldn’t have completed this project on our timeline without their engagement."
Lattice Semiconductor, It | Business Partner