Consumer Industry – Transportation
About the Client
ORBCOMM is a leading American company that offers industrial Internet of things, machine-to-machine software, communications hardware, and services. Designed to monitor, track, and control fixed and mobile assets in markets,. including heavy equipment, maritime, transportation, oil and gas, utilities, and government.
Products & Services
- Heavy Equipment
- Natural Resources
- Dam Monitoring with Satellites
- Smart Container Shipping
The client had the following requirements for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) and Oracle Hyperion Planning 11.2.7.
- Eliminate Excel spreadsheets wherever possible. End users will input data via web forms or SmartView templates in Hyperion.
- Revenue forecasting based on service and product.
- Airtime service revenue calculation.
- Users will submit the budget through a controlled workflow process with security restrictions, allowing a defined entry point based on a user’s security restrictions.
No direct integration was available for JD Edward and Oracle Hyperion Planning 11.2.7.
Complex business model to calculate the revenue forecasting.
The shipped product became a service after one month, two months, subsequently based on the product, and that product was converted as a service.
Different rates for different products and services.
"On behalf of ORBCOMM management, I would like to extend our appreciation and thanks for the amazing work done by Jade Global; we were delighted with the Highhigh-quality design work done by the EPM team. Overall, we were immensely impressed by the entire team and would recommend Jade and this team to any other corporation."
Dennis Rogan, VP - Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), ORBCOMM