Industry: Insurance & Advisory
About the Client
Wills Tower Watson is a global multinational risk management, insurance brokerage and advisory company headquartered in London, United Kingdom with operations in more than 120 countries. They are a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Wills Tower Watson is serving more than 140 countries and markets today.
As Cloud Infrastructures are migrated as-is from OCI-C to OCI Gen2, many infra components are haphazardly provisioned causing misalignment or improper segregation of resources, accessing resources, network design , gateways, VPN connectivity to on-prem, and other cloud such Azure, which causes difficulty in managing those resources as many of them had integrations between them.
Due to EBS Performance issues, concurrent requests and jobs were running for more than stipulated time, affecting month end closure. Jade Global stepped in. Learn how we transformed their operations.
WTW hosted their infrastructure and services on OCI across IaaS, PaaS and SaaS, which were migrated from OCI-C to OCI Gen 2 platform. Their Applications such as EBS, SOA, Sabrix, Tidal, Riverbed, etc. were running on these cloud services which are integrated with each other mainly with EBS. They wanted to streamline the entire infrastructure design and architecture in a more secure and reliable way by taking advantage of the latest cloud technologies and features, and build/improve the DR site as part of a business continuity plan.
There were some performance issues on the EBS, as there were many long-running jobs not completed on-time for the month end close. They need advice and recommendations to improve the performance. These applications are managed by 3rd party vendors such as ITC and Accenture, and more.
- Streamline the OCI Infrastructure, analyze the infrastructure deployments, integrations, and re-design in such a way that the data flows in a more secure and reliable way by aligning the resources into categorized (fully/semi-isolated) compartments, restrict access using Firewall and IDS/IPS by implementing Hub-Spoke model.
- To improve the performance of Oracle EBS, analyze EBS components, and integrations with 3rd party tools, improvise integrations, and analyze the data, schedules workload by generating AWR reports, ADDM reports, statistics, DML operations on underlying tables, Server load with respective to the CPU and Memory usage.
- Restricted access to cloud infrastructure
- Only authorized users and services will be allowed to access critical data and applications.
- Segregation of production and non-production environments
- Controlled access for production environments