Informatica to ODI Migration using InfatoODI tool and Discoverer Upgrade, achieving automation by almost 60%, & helped reduce risk and increased process quality by 70%.
About the Client
EPCOR is a utility company that provides clean water, wastewater and drainage services, electricity, natural gas, and safe, reliable energy to residential and commercial customers. EPCOR operates in Canada and the United States, catering to over 2 million customers.
- Both BI and Discoverer upgrade will help EPCOR Leverage the next-gen integration and analytics capabilities offered by the latest Oracle BI platform and solutions
- Mitigation of risk of legacy integration tools with limited product life cycle by decommissioning Informatica ETL tool
- Mitigation of risk associated with an obsolete version of BI Apps 22.214.171.124 and Discoverer 11g
- Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) investment as E-LT of choice for future integrations with third-party systems and Big Data
- Perform a technical upgrade of OBI Applications from OBIA 126.96.36.199 to OBI Applications 188.8.131.52.2 to provide the technical foundation for supporting the future needs
- Mitigate risks associated with OBIA 7.9.x end of life and leverage capabilities offered by the latest Oracle BI technology platform and solutions
- Perform technical upgrade from Discoverer 11g to OBIEE12 c
- Mitigate risks associated with the obsolete reporting tool Discoverer 11g and Leverage the next-gen reporting and analytics capabilities offered by the latest Oracle BI platform and solutions within the EPCOR environment
Excessive dependency on existing OBIA reporting environment
Mappings to be converted were more complex than expected
BI Apps best practices not implemented for custom data marts. This resulted in lesser Infa2ODI automation.
HRDM data mart was very complicated and required significant performance tuning
Congrats! We are live in production. Great job to the team.
- All numbers are matching as per EBS.
- EPCOR has been able to complete all tasks without any issues and seamlessly.
- System speed and performance is great as compared to the former version.
- EPCOR is very excited, and after week one, they believe it is a zero-defect system