This case study examines the technical and business challenges faced by the customer and how Jade Global helped them migrate their Hyperion environment from on-premises to the OCI platform.
About the Client:
Essilor of America is one of the leading providers of eyeglass lenses worldwide. It works every day to bring good vision to approximately 4.5 billion people around the world in need of vision correction. It makes and distributes optical lenses under the Crizal, Eyezen, Transitions, Xperio UV, and Varilux brands, to name a few. The company's subsidiary, Laboratories of America, is the largest and most trusted optical lab network in the US and offers a wide range of products and services to eyecare professionals across the nation. Essilor of America is a subsidiary of Paris-based Essilor International.
Essilor of America Inc
Manufacturer and wholesale distributor of optical lenses
OCI provides the best utilization for both usability and performance growth for a rapidly expanding company like Essilor of America Inc, the world’s leading provider of eyeglass lenses. In summary, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure is the ideal environment for enterprise-class workloads such as Oracle Database and Oracle’s solutions. OCI provides elastic cloud infrastructure to scale easily with a best-in-class performance to achieve aggressive service levels. A path to innovation for on-premises technologies with a reduced cost of ownership. The following sections identify the business needs that helped in selecting Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI).
- Need to migrate from OMCS environment to OCI for Hyperion on-premise 220.127.116.11 environment
- Application validation, Integration validation for Oracle EBS, OBIEE
- Create documentation and updated all existing scripts to point to the new sources
- Performance testing compared to OMCS benchmark
- System Connectivity from VPN and in Organization network
- End to end process validation with data and Metadata refresh from Oracle EBS and OBIEE
- ODI Jobs and package validation and run the entire month and daily process once before go-live
- Data testing
- Support provided to business users while performing the UAT.
- Provide Support after going live for a week