This case study examines the technical and business challenges faced by the customer and how Jade Global helped them migrate their Hyperion environment from on-premises to the OCI platform.
Essilor of America Inc
Manufacturer and wholesale distributor of optical lenses
About the Client
Essilor of America is one of the leading providers of eyeglass lenses worldwide. It works every day to bring good vision to approximately 4.5 billion people around the world in need of vision correction. It makes and distributes optical lenses under the Crizal, Eyezen, Transitions, Xperio UV, and Varilux brands, to name a few. The company's subsidiary, Laboratories of America, is the largest and most trusted optical lab network in the US and offers a wide range of products and services to eyecare professionals across the nation. Essilor of America is a subsidiary of Paris-based Essilor International.
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Compute provides bare metal and virtual machine (VM) compute capacity that delivers perfor mance, flexibility, and control without compromise
- Migrating your existing Hyperion workloads to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure helped them:
- Manage solutions and applications, not infrastructure
- Focus on their core business, not on IT
- Improve performance and availability
- Reduce costs
OCI provides the best utilization for both usability and performance growth for a rapidly expanding company like Essilor of America Inc, the world’s leading provider of eyeglass lenses. In summary, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure is the ideal environment for enterprise-class workloads such as Oracle Database and Oracle’s solutions. OCI provides elastic cloud infrastructure to scale easily with a best-in-class performance to achieve aggressive service levels. A path to innovation for on-premises technologies with a reduced cost of ownership. The following sections identify the business needs that helped in selecting Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI).
- Need to migrate from OMCS environment to OCI for Hyperion on-premise 18.104.22.168 environment
- Application validation, Integration validation for Oracle EBS, OBIEE
- Create documentation and updated all existing scripts to point to the new sources
- Performance testing compared to OMCS benchmark
- System Connectivity from VPN and in Organization network
- End to end process validation with data and Metadata refresh from Oracle EBS and OBIEE
- ODI Jobs and package validation and run the entire month and daily process once before go-live
- Data testing
- Support provided to business users while performing the UAT.
- Provide Support after going live for a week
Migration to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI)
Test existing process for loading data to OBIEE repository and vice versa
Production instance up to date, and data to be migrated to new OCI Prod Instance
No documentation for the current Hyperion business process
The Solution-focused on migrating the entire Hyperion budgeting and forecasting application to the new Oracle cloud infrastructure
- Automate the metadata interfaces using ODI in the application for an account, ECE, Cost Center, Intercompany, Customer, tracking code and business line, and other dimension related to the application
- Monitoring performance across the enterprise to improve business performance
- Configuring and testing the existing process for loading data and metadata with third-party applications systems such as
- Oracle Financials
- Oracle FAS
- Configuring and testing the system connectivity.
- Creating detailed level documentation for the business process involved in Hyperion budgeting and forecasting applications and data, Metadata load process.
- Configure and validate the installation servers for the different products of Hyperion such as
- Oracle Hyperion Essbase Database - version 22.214.171.124
- Hyperion Core - 126.96.36.199
- Foundation Services - Patch Level 502
- EAS, ESS - 505
- Planning - 501
- Weblogic - Security Patch 10.3.6.9
- OHS - Version 188.8.131.52 Security Patch 17905017
- FDQMEE - Version 184.108.40.206
- Document the reviewed results of the Hyperion Artifacts which have been validated and tested.
- Security, data access, and controls across departments and geographies
- Execute and validate the MaxL scripts for loading the data and metadata and taking back up of the application
‘‘The Jade Global team did a great job in getting Essilor Lux through the OCI migration for Hyperion. Special thanks to the team’s engagement and support throughout the effort and even after. We are very appreciative of the service and partnership that Jade Global brings to the table. Here's to future collaborations! Thanks again”
Seth Siharath, Director, Business Intelligence