This case study examines the technical and business challenges faced by the customer and how Jade Global helped them with their Hyperion Migration from on-prem to the OCI platform.
Essilor of America, Inc. (Essilor)
Manufacturer and Wholesale Distributor of Optical Lenses
About the Client
Essilor is one of the leading providers of eyeglass lenses worldwide. It works daily to bring good vision to approximately 4.5 billion people worldwide who need vision correction. It makes and distributes optical lenses under the Crizal, Eyezen, Transitions, Xperio UV, and Varilux brands, to name a few. The company's subsidiary, Laboratories of America, is the largest and most trusted optical lab network in the US and offers a wide range of products and services to eyecare professionals across the nation. Essilor is a subsidiary of Paris-based Essilor International.
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Compute provides bare metal and virtual machine (VM) computing capacity that delivers performance flexibility and control without compromise.
- Hyperion Migration of existing workloads to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure helped them to:
- Ability to manage solutions and applications, not infrastructure.
- Enabling focus on their core business, not IT.
- Improved performance and availability.
- Reduced costs.
OCI provides the best utilization for both usability and performance growth for a rapidly expanding company like Essilor. In summary, OCI is the ideal environment for enterprise-class workloads such as Oracle Database and Oracle’s solutions. OCI provides an elastic cloud infrastructure to scale easily with a best-in-class performance to achieve aggressive service levels and a path to innovation for on-prem technologies with a reduced cost of ownership. The following sections identify the business needs that helped in the selection of OCI.
- Need to migrate from OMCS Oracle environment to OCI for Hyperion on-prem 188.8.131.52 environment.
- Application validation and Integration validation for Oracle EBS, OBIEE.
- Create documentation and update all existing scripts to point to the new sources.
- Performance testing compared to OMCS Oracle benchmark.
- System Connectivity from VPN and the organization’s network.
- End-to-end process validation with data and metadata refresh from Oracle EBS and OBIEE.
- ODI Jobs and Package validation, and execute the entire month and daily process once before go-live.
- Data testing.
- Provide Support to business users while performing the UAT.
- Provide Support after going live for one week.
Testing the existing process for loading data to the OBIEE repository and vice versa.
Updating the production instance, and the data is to be migrated to the new OCI production instance.
No documentation for the current Hyperion Migration business process.
The solution focused on migrating the entire Hyperion budgeting and forecasting application to the new OCI.
- Automated the metadata interfaces using ODI in the application for an account, ECE, Cost Center, Intercompany, Customer, tracking code, business line, and other dimensions related to the application.
- Monitored performance across the enterprise to improve business performance.
- Configured and tested the existing process for loading data and metadata with third-party application systems such as:
- Oracle Financials
- Oracle FAS
- Configured and tested the system connectivity.
- Created detailed level documentation for the business process involved in Oracle Hyperion budgeting and forecasting applications and data, and Metadata load process
- Configured and validated the installation servers for the multiple Hyperion products such as:
- Oracle Hyperion Essbase Database - version 184.108.40.206
- Hyperion Core - 220.127.116.11
- Foundation Services - Patch Level 502
- EAS, ESS - 505
- Planning - 501
- Weblogic - Security Patch 10.3.6.9
- OHS - Version 18.104.22.168 Security Patch 17905017
- FDQMEE - Version 22.214.171.124
- Document the reviewed results of the Hyperion Artifacts that had been validated and tested.
- Security, data access, and controls across departments and geographies.
- Executed and validated the MaxL scripts for loading the data, metadata, and captured backup of the application.
‘‘The Jade Global team did a great job in getting Essilor Lux through the OCI migration for Hyperion. Special thanks to the team’s engagement and support throughout the effort and even after. We are very appreciative of the service and partnership that Jade Global brings to the table. Here's to future collaborations! Thanks again”
Seth Siharath, Director, Business Intelligence