Client - Infoblox
Industry - Computer Networking
About the Client
Infoblox delivers Actionable Network Intelligence to enterprise, government, and service provider customers around the world. The company provides network control, automation, and domain name system (DNS) solutions that ensure continuous secure operation of network services. Infoblox is privately held and headquartered in Santa Clara, California.
Products & Services
- Oracle EBS – Financials, Supply Chain, Manufacturing
- Oracle RightNow – Service Cloud®
- Salesforce.com – Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud, CPQ (APTTUS)
- Database Support – Oracle, SQL Server, MariaDB
- Integration Platforms – web-method's Boomi
- Legacy Web Applications – Java.net
- Intranet - SharePoint
- Business Intelligence – Tableau, Business Objects
Budget, Vendor Management and Support Services Challenges
When Jade Global began working with Infoblox, one of the first areas of concern was budget management. Infoblox finance leaders were having challenges managing project budget and finding the time to focus on strategic projects, such as a long overdue migration to Oracle Cloud and re-implementation of its Salesforce instance. Moreover, Infoblox’s BSA and IT teams were heavily involved in day-to-day support.
A large portion of Infoblox’s budget was allocated to vendor management. Infoblox was working with independent contractors from over 10 different vendors. The company wanted to cut down on vendor support to reduce vendor overhead costs. In addition, the internal team at Infoblox was overworked from what felt like relentless efforts required to manage the organization’s diverse application ecosystem.
Furthermore, Infoblox required ongoing and complex customization support of its existing applications, which were heavily dependent on a few select people. The documentation process was inefficient, leading to EBS and other support services being performed without proper documentation.
- 24X7 support requirement for global need users (US, EMEA, APAC)
- Larger focus on strategic projects and priorities by the BSA and IT teams
- Requirement to move to proactive support
- Improvement in the knowledge management to avoid dependency on specific people
- Effective management of IT Resources to avoid performance
- Budget Management: Strong requirement to free up budget for strategic projects (E.g. Migration to Oracle Cloud, re-Implementing Salesforce)
- Vendor Management Overhead: Large Overhead due to managing independent contractors from 10+ vendors
Business Value Delivered from Managed Support Services
Infoblox benefited from major cost savings, better performance with a greater payload, and faster, cost-effective and lower maintenance programs. After working with Jade Global, Infoblox was able to reduce its overall IT costs for support and development by 30%. Jade Global’s system of a single web service calling also reduced licensing costs. Within one year, Infoblox saved approximately $700k! By year two, the ongoing reduction in support improved employee productivity by 10%. The new stabilized support Jade Global provided allowed Infoblox to transform its EBS footprint, ultimately migrating its systems to the Cloud.
With the new scalable and customizable architecture, Infoblox was able to achieve its technology upgrade initiatives. For example, the company moved a retiring web application to an existing IT investment. Another one of Infoblox’s most accomplished technology initiatives was migrating all customer data from a legacy CRM system to Salesforce. Finally, Jade Global’s integration support services enabled Infoblox to reach another strategic initiative of moving from a webMethods integration server to Dell Boomi.
- Managed support from Jade Global for all EBS modules (Financials/SCM), Hyperion and SFDC CRM
- Efficient DBA Support from Jade Global
- Jade Global implemented Change Management
- Reduced IT spend on support and development by 30% in year 1 (Approximately $700k in savings)
- Ongoing reduction in support by year 2 (Approximately 10% YOY)
- EBS support and stabilized application support enabled Infoblox to transform its EBS footprint and migrate to Cloud
- Integration Support – Additional budget to reach strategic initiative to move from webMethods to Boomi
- Legacy Web Applications – Retiring Web Applications moved to existing IT investments (E.g. Marketing legacy app moved to Salesforce)
- Scalable and customizable architecture to handle future needs or upgrade
- Automated synchronization of master data creation
- Real-time integration and ease of use for multiple entity integrations
- Improved performance and greater payload
- Faster, Cost-effective and less maintenance platform
About Jade Global
Jade Global is a Cloud-focused IT services partner specialized in enterprise business application implementations, integrations, software product engineering, consulting, technology advisory, testing, and managed services. Jade is an Oracle Platinum Cloud Select Partner, Salesforce Silver Partner, Boomi Select Implementation Partner, and Service Now Silver Partner. Our additional global alliances with NetSuite, Microsoft and Zuora allow us to design robust solutions for a variety of industries and needs. We are headquartered in San Jose, California with East Coast headquarters in Philadelphia. Jade has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing companies in North America by Inc. 5000 for 9 consecutive years
©2019 Jade Global Inc. All rights reserved