Created custom PaaS screen and assigned Bill Plan to various Sales Order Lines, Integrating and Automation between Order Management and Project Accounting, to automate the manual Milestone billing process.
About the Client
WTW MANUFACTURING deals with the It manufactures and markets solid oxide fuel cells that produce electricity on-site server platform, distributed power generation system that provides always-on primary power that is customizable. It delivers reliable, resilient, clean, and affordable energy, particularly in areas of high electricity costs.
And deals with INSURANCE Company, which is the NASDAQ listed Public Limited Company. It is global Multinational Risk management, Insurance Brokerage, and Advisory company. It is the third-largest insurance broker in the world.
- Project Costing and Project Billing is used to capturing Installation costs and generate the Billing as per the Milestone Billing events. This provides one central location (Oracle Projects) for all customer project costs.
- The integration of Order Management and Project Costing: There is no standard integration available between Order Management and Oracle Project Accounting.
The goal of this integration project is to: (1) Integrate Order Management with Project Billing to automate the manual Milestone billing process currently being performed by the Accounting Dept.
WTW bills its customers based on Milestones stated in the contract. Currently, this billing process is manual through the Oracle Projects module because Oracle Order Management, where the corresponding Sales Order is recorded, does not accommodate Event or Milestone billing. WTW’s Milestone billings are:
- PO Received from Customer (when a sales order is Booked)
- X Days before Shipping
- Acceptance (when Install Base is updated with Acceptance Date)
- Created custom PaaS screen and assigned Bill Plan to various Sales Order Lines and eventually executed the Billing for the bill plan details based on billing milestones.
- This enables complete integration and automation of the Project Billing process with the Order Management module.
- The custom process also gives flexibility to the billing team to select milestones for each line. The copy functionality will be given to reduce the repetitive tasks.
- Prepared user manual that provides a step-by-step process to carry out Milestone billing based on the cloud application events.
- Integration and Automation between Order Management and Project Accounting will be able to process the Billing and generate the AR invoices as per the Milestone events.
- A new Custom page will be developed in PaaS where users can log in and assign Bill Plan to various Sales Order Line Items. Here users will also be able to select and initiate Billing for different bill plans.
I just wanted to say thank you for all of the help and support that you have given the Oracle Cloud implementation and configuration team the last several months. You are a great resource, and it has been a pleasure working with you. I hope we get a chance to work together again at some point in the future.