About the Client
Satellite healthcare provides CKD patients a range of dialysis options with a focus on making their lives the best they can be. Satellite Healthcare supports advancing patient care through close partnerships with organizations that promote CKD awareness and wellness as well as research and education. Their centers include:
Satellite Healthcare Centers – Patient-friendly dialysis centers offering hemodialysis and nocturnal hemodialysis.
Satellite WellBound Centers – With a focus on individualized care, WellBound Centers provide training and support for patients performing dialysis at home – peritoneal dialysis, home hemodialysis and home nocturnal hemodialysis. They also offer pre-dialysis patient wellness education programs.
Business Requirements and Challenges
Satellite Healthcare had implemented ticketing system for IT in ServiceNow Express version. This involved the following:
- Incident Management
- Service Catalog
- Request Management
- Change Management
But they were facing multiple challenges using the built system. Also, apart from IT, they were looking to expand ServiceNow at the enterprise level for ex. Human Resources, Compliance, Legal etc. Being their ServiceNow implementation partner, IT CIO asked Jade Global to re-evaluate and re-assess their implementation and provide them with a roadmap.
Some of the key business requirements and challenges are outlined below -
- Unable to use product enterprise features because current implementation was on express version
- Unable to achieve out-of-the-box functionality because of customizations
- No easy way for users to report an issue or request a service. Self-service portal and Mobile, both were not configured
- Users were unable to easily find a service in the catalog because it was not intuitive
- Very cumbersome and long process for managers and IT to onboard or offboard a user
- Tickets were not getting auto-routed to the appropriate teams which caused long processing times to fulfill a request
- No proper categorization of Incidents & Requests for reporting
- Optimized processes according to best practices
- Implementation is now closer to out-of-the-box features
- Improved user experience and satisfaction
- Processing time for IT team to fulfill any request has increased by 25%
- Less manual work for agents and more automation within the system
- Auto-routed tickets to appropriate teams by identifying and creating certain rules.
- Implemented self-service enterprise and department portals for users to submit tickets
- Captured key information of tickets in emails
- Implemented enterprise workflows to record approvals within the application
- Developed a dynamic security model to control data access between departments
- Re-implemented change management to track key information a
Just wanted to say that the Functional reviews given in the last two meetings have really highlighted the effort (the) team has put into this over the last few months, so a big thanks for all your work, keep it up, we are getting close to the finish line.
Fantastic effort by the Jade team, thank you.
- Andrew Woodward IT, Director of Enterprise Applications