Is my On-Premise Application Cloud Ready? How can I move my application to cloud? What are the benefits?
You are asking the right questions, and this is the perfect time to get your questions answered. Jade Global offers a comprehensive EPM cloud assessment strategy that includes all aspects of why and how you need to move your on-premise artifacts into the cloud environment.
Oracle Cloud products have matured significantly and continue to add more functionalities with each release. All new releases and capabilities are included in your subscription. This is an appropriate time for you to perform a thorough assessment of your needs. Many companies are excited about the benefits of process standardization and lower infrastructure costs. Oracle Cloud has many advanced capabilities including reporting, AI, a modern user experience and several integrated applications including Planning and PLM.
First, I would like to answer the most important question, Why EPM Cloud?
- Enables real time Planning and Variance Analysis across the enterprise
- Backup’s, Patches and upgrades are handled by Oracle
- Cost Effective - No Hardware investment/maintenance necessary
- Subscription based approach
- Scalable - As the business grows no need to buy additional servers only need to update the subscription
- Features are added every quarter, emergency fixes applied each day
- Can be accessed from anywhere with a browser and internet connection
- Realtime Data integrations between EPM and difference ERP sources
- Faster processing of complex calculations and data volumes
- Behind the screens, leverages Essbase calculation engine
- Built-in time and data intelligence
- Allow data integration with multiple sources systems
- Seamless data loading and extraction
- Drill back to source systems
- Rapid deployment
Our EPM SMEs who have expertise both on premise and cloud sit with customers and other stakeholders, understand your current Forecasting and Budgeting solution and gather all requirements advise the best route to move the artifacts into cloud keeping in mind cost effectiveness and simplified migration. Jade deploys a 4-step assessment approach: Initiate, Discovery, Validate and Deliver that includes the following:
- A comprehensive assessment covering all the tracks – Current Budgeting and Forecasting model, Business Process, Reporting and Dashboarding considerations, Data integration between different sources, and End state view
- Thoughtful consideration and collaboration with your Business and IT teams to align with their goals and objectives
- A detailed report indicating your organization’s core business requirements and roadmap to Oracle cloud
- The implementation path will be broken down into multiple phases (Agile Approach) to ensure quicker ROI and avoid disruptive “big bang” approaches whenever possible Read the blog: Oracle EPM Cloud Product and Pricing Evolution
About the Author
Sarma Anantapantula, EPM Solutions Architect and Delivery Manager, Jade Global
Sarma Anantapantula is an accomplished and results-driven Enterprise Information Architect with over 19 years of experience spanning from product management, to information architecture, to delivery management in roles within Fortune 500 corporations with global operations. He is specialized in Oracle Essbase, Oracle Planning, Oracle Standard/Enterprise EPM (Cloud), Oracle ARM/FCM, OBIEE, and Dodeca with certifications in accounting fundamentals and reading financial statements. Sarma is the author of a book on Essbase called “Oracle Essbase 9 Implementation Guide.”