Client - Les Schwab Tire Centers, Inc.
Industry - Retail- Automotive
About the Client
Les Schwab Tire Centers is a tire retail chain operating in the Western United States. The company offers car, truck, sports utility vehicles, commercial and farm, all-terrain vehicle, and tractor tires. It also provides repairs including tire rotations, road hazard protection services and other safety checks and services. Founded in 1952, Les Schwab is named after founder Leslie Bishop "Les" Schwab, an American businessman from Oregon. Les Schwab Tires Centers is headquartered in the Central Oregon city of Bend. The private company employs over 7,000 people across nine U.S. Western states. The company is well known for its customer-oriented employees and product guarantees.
Products & Services
- Workday financial management and human capital management software
- Master Data Management (MDM)
- IBM iSeries – Retail POS and Inventory Management
- Kyriba treasury management software
- Concur software for expense and travel management
- Integration Platform – Dell Boomi
In October 2018, the head of systems at Les Schwab Tire Centers contacted Jade Global searching for additional support for its integration and managed services support needs. Les Schwab was seeking support for its Workday, Dell Boomi and NetSuite systems along with other systems. The business required 24/7 support services.
- Complete support for integration between Workday and NetSuite systems
- 24/7 support for Workday, Dell Boomi, NetSuite and other systems
Data from over 4,000 Les Schwab employees needed to be managed through integration. The finance department at Les Schwab required its employee payroll data to be published on a scheduled basis for its on-cycle and off-cycle runs. For these requirements to be met, Jade Global had to perform several complex calculations in NetSuite.
- Data from more than 4,000 employees needed to be managed through integration
- Data transformation was required in Dell Boomi for integration
- Several complex calculation requirements in NetSuite
Jade Global provided complete system integration and support services for Les Schwab. To handle Les Schwab’s large volume of employee payroll data, a Pub/Sub (Publish-Subscribe) model was implemented using Dell Boomi. In a Pub/Sub model, any message published to a topic is immediately received by all subscribers to that topic. As a result, Les Schwab’s data could be processed quickly and efficiently.
The integration between Workday and NetSuite involved creating a scheduled Workday process to export Les Scwhab’s journals to an established SNS (Simple Notification Service) queue via Dell Boomi and NetSuite. A Dell Boomi process was created to subscribe to the message in queue, select journals, and import journal entries into NetSuite. Finally, the employee master data was converted and synced within Workday and NetSuite systems. This process ensures that up to date data is always readily available in both systems.
- Pub/Sub model implemented to handle payroll integration
- Scheduled Workday process to export journals to an established SNS Topic queue via Dell Boomi and NetSuite
- Employee master conversion and sync
- Faster month-end period close activities
- Improved overall business operations
- Reduced monthly overhead
- Accurate and up-to-date data available in both Workday and NetSuite systems
- Efficient reporting for Les Schwab’s financial team
- Clear visibility into sales and liability
Business Value Delivered
Jade Global helped Les Schwab maintain a seamless and efficient integration between Workday and NetSuite. As soon as a support service framework was implemented, Les Schwab saw a steady improvement in its overall business operations.
The integration through Dell Boomi from NetSuite helped Les Schwab capture financial system information in a timely manner. The customizations related to payroll integration created a system of checks and balances to ensure that proper benefits and payroll were reflected in the financial system. As a result, Les Shwab avoided any compliance issues and improved its employee satisfaction.
Les Schwab’s finance team benefited from more efficient reporting, time savings, visibility, and significant improvements in their day-to-day activities. After integrating Les Schwab’s daily general ledger entries (Approximately 100,000 entries) into NetSuite, the finance department benefitted from complete visibility into daily revenue, cash, expenses, and ultimately a better, faster month-end close experience.