Les Schwab Tire Centers, Inc.
About the Client
Les Schwab Tire Centers is a retail tire chain operating in the Western United States. The company offers tires for cars, trucks, sports utility vehicles, commercial and farm vehicles, all-terrain vehicles, and tractors. It also repairs tire, performs rotations, provides road hazard protection services, and other safety checks and services. Founded in 1952, Les Schwab is named after founder Leslie "Les" Bishop Schwab, an American businessman from Oregon. Les Schwab Tire Centers is headquartered in the Central Oregon city of Bend. The private company employs over 7,000 people across nine U.S. Western states. The company is well-known for its customer-oriented employees and product guarantees.
Products & Services
- Workday financial management and human capital management software
- Master Data Management (MDM)
- Integration Platform – Boomi
- IBM iSeries – Retail POS and Inventory Management
- Kyriba treasury management software
- Concur software for expense and travel management
- Complete support for integration between the Workday and NetSuite systems
- 24/7 support for Workday, Boomi, NetSuite, and other systems
Data from more than 4,000 employees needed to be managed through integration
Data transformation in Boomi was required for integration
Several complex calculations requirements in NetSuite
- Pub/Sub model implemented to handle payroll integration
- Scheduled Workday process to export journals to an established SNS Topic queue via Boomi and NetSuite
- Employee master conversion and sync
- Faster month-end period close activities
- Improved overall business operations
- Reduced monthly overhead
- Accurate and up-to-date data
- Available in both Workday and NetSuite systems
- Efficient reporting for Les Schwab’s Workday financial team
- Clear visibility into sales and liability
Business Value Delivered
Jade helped Les Schwab maintain a seamless and efficient integration between Workday and NetSuite. As soon as a support service framework was implemented, Les Schwab’s Workday saw a steady improvement in its overall business operations.
The integration through Boomi from NetSuite helped Les Schwab to promptly capture financial system information. The customizations related to the payroll integration created a system of checks and balances to ensure that payroll and benefits were properly reflected in the financial system. As a result, Les Shwab avoided any compliance issues and improved its employee satisfaction.
Les Schwab’s finance team benefited from more efficient reporting, time savings, visibility, and significant improvements in their day-to-day activities. After integrating Les Schwab’s daily Workday general ledger entries (approximately 100,000 entries) into NetSuite, the finance department benefitted from complete visibility into daily revenue, cash, and expenses, and ultimately, a better, faster month-end close experience.