About the Client
Flexport is a licensed freight forwarder and customs brokerage built around a web application. It manages global logistics for businesses. Flexport International provides its international ocean freight forwarding services and U.S. trucking services. Flexport's subsidiary, Flexport Customs, provides customs brokerage services.
The freight service includes an online dashboard for understanding, purchasing, managing, and tracking services. The web-based software allows clients to oversee their cargo's status using its APIs (application programming interface) and web interfaces.
Flexport needed a partner to help scale our ability to rapidly integrate with our clients in a cost effective way. We found an excellent partner in Jade Global! In the short course of less than a year, we have been able to move 100% of the technical delivery of our standardized integrations offshore with Jade, allowing our employees to focus on the more complex bespoke integrations. Our broader team has been very appreciative of the contributions of the Jade team! They have proven to be motivated, hard working and have the desire to learn and take on more responsibilities. We are planning to continue to expand the scope and responsibility of this team.
- Nitin Goel, Head of Flexport Ecosystem
Business Requirements and Challenges
Some of the key business requirements and challenges are outlined below
- Level 2 support for all the Generic and non-Generic EDI integrations
- Develop New and Migrate existing process into a new generic process for different partners and suppliers
- Work on different EDI documents like 315, 214, 110, 310, 850, 865 with 40+ trading partners communicating through multiple channels like AS2, SFTP, HTTP, etc.
- Managing & Supporting high availability Boomi environment operations powered by legacy applications
- Managing the Atlassian Suite of Products (Jira, Confluence, etc.) for a day to day activities within the team
- Challenges in maintaining the OKR sheet and delivering in timelines defined in the OKR Sheet