About the Client
Sunflower Electric generates and transmits electric power. The Company operates a system of wind, gas, and coal-based generating plants. Sunflower Electric Power serves its members in the State of Kansas. The company has been running on the cooperative business model that could provide wholesale generation and transmission services.
- Oracle BI Apps 7.9 was too complex and expensive to manage compared the light reporting and analysis requirements of Sunflower
- Maintenance overhead of systems upgrade
- No security framework for ad-hoc queries
- Time consuming reports maintenance
- The time to deliver new reports was too high
- Groups working in Silos
- Sunflower Electric was working with multiple data sources including Oracle EBS, Home Grown Applications, and Main Frame Systems.
- They were manually and painstakingly extracting data from Oracle BI Applications 7.x and using Excel-based analysis. The Sunflower Electric complained that their data transformation process was too “clumsy.” Their reporting logic was also too complex. They were ready for a change that could make it easier to understand and analyze reports
"The prebuilt accelerators presented by Jade in the discovery and analysis phase helped us expedite the requirements analysis, and quickly conclude to the solution design that is acceptable by business users and easier to manage by IT."