Read how nonprofits can benefit from Salesforce NPSP to transform their CRM operations. This highly customizable and free solution has unique offerings to unleash Salesforce to your most significant advantage.
What is Salesforce NPSP?
The Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) is a package of a Salesforce CRM configuration that is freely available on AppExchange. It includes numerous features that specifically refer to the nonprofit sector. The NPSP combines the flexibility to build Salesforce to meet your organization's desiderata and goals. It utilizes out-of-the-box configuration without much requirement for customization.
Benefits of Salesforce NPSP
Salesforce NPSP avails Nonprofit Organizations in various ways:
- It helps manage contacts, households, personal accounts, donation payments, organization accounts and affiliations, campaigns, and grant lifecycles.
- It tracks the relationships between contacts, donations, and recurring donations.
If you are part of a nonprofit, where tracking the donations and incrementing eleemosynary(charitable) gifts are a crucial part of your funding, then Salesforce NPSP is your answer. Salesforce NPSP includes many out-of-the-box options for tracking standard donations, pledges, grants, in-kind donations, recurring gifts, matching gifts, major gifts, and many more. You can follow where the gift is directed, utilizing the General Accounting Unit (GAU) object. You can further track grant deliverables and soft credits for contacts and businesses. Furthermore, all these items are still fully customizable, so you can engender and adjust fields to meet your organization's categorical desiderata.
These implementations also include numerous fields to help you track if a donor has been acknowledged, what campaign or fundraising initiative prompted them to donate, and whether a gift was in honor of someone.
Another essential aspect of Salesforce NPSP that is exceptionally advantageous for nonprofits is the Roll-up Summary Fields.
It is important to note that standard Salesforce CRM does not contain these fields. These are a part of the Salesforce NPSP package. We can manage settings through the NPSP setting feature. These fields allow us to track things like First Donation Date, First Donation Amount, Last Donation Date, Last Donation Amount, Total Gifts, Total Giving This Year (Last Year, 2 Years Ago), Total Soft Credits, and more automatically. The values in these fields are automatically calculated based on the Opportunity records to track the donations. Additionally, if there are other ways your organization would like to track a donor's giving, you can turn on Customizable Roll-ups. This helps you create roll-up fields that meet your specific needs, with the original ones at your disposal.
Salesforce NPSP also offers customization to track program details, volunteer activity, and management of campaign activities like table booking, meals, etc.
Salesforce NPSP Licenses Pricing and Cloud Based CRM for Nonprofits
To Nonprofit Organizations, Salesforce provides 10 free Enterprise Edition Licenses of Salesforce Sales Cloud - CRM.
Nonprofit Organizations can use free Salesforce NPSP (Nonprofits Prosperity Pack). First, you must assess if your organization and you are eligible to receive the Salesforce free licenses. You can check the eligibility here.
Once you confirm the eligibility, head to Salesforce.org and sign up for the Free Trial. Bag a Free Trial to get access to 10 Salesforce free licenses.
Salesforce NPSP majorly works for
- Fundraising for Nonprofits: Fundraising is significant for nonprofits as they need to run charitable trusts or businesses, and fundraising is critical. It fortifies the leading cause with financial revenue and establishes opportunities for future engagement with donors. Fundraising benefits the community or an individual who needs financial aid.
- Engagement for Nonprofits: For nonprofits, engagement can mean volunteer participation in campaigns, donations, or advocacy work. This requires Nonprofits to devise strategies that consider their intrigues and organizational resources to engage the right audience for these activities. Nonprofit volunteers want to work where they can advance, learn, and improve their skills. Studies confer that employees who feel attached to their work on an emotional level are more likely to be engaged well with it.
- Program Management with Nonprofit Cloud: Nonprofit Cloud allows organizations to quantify and manage their programs more effectively. Program Management is an open-source app that provides usable objects for program management. Program management and Salesforce NPSP allow you to record data to track households and maintain client relationships. Nonprofits need to adopt different project life cycles to fulfill the needs related to funding (grants, donations, etc.) and acquiring project teams (volunteers).
Get a head start with Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) before you deep dive and encounter the full force of Salesforce Nonprofit CRM.