Combating carbon emissions is no longer just for CSR; rather critical for long-term corporate viability. First track your sustainability goals with the leading solution - Salesforce Net Zero Cloud.
The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) emphasizes the need to achieve net zero emissions by 2050 to limit global warming to 1.5 degrees Celsius. More than 196 countries have adopted climate change treaties like the Paris Accord and agreed to commit to a legally binding system for reducing their emission footprints.
Amidst this global movement toward Sustainability, businesses have the emergency to embrace net zero goals and sustainable technologies to combat their carbon emissions.
Salesforce, the leader in the customer relationship management (CRM) space, has also become a champion for Sustainability and environmental responsibility. It has achieved 100% Net Zero emission across its value chain.
Salesforce has made its technology available to the world as a CRM solution called Net Zero Cloud. This solution tracks and forecasts corporate carbon footprints, enabling businesses to make real progress toward reaching Net Zero residual emissions.
What is Salesforce Net Zero Cloud
Net Zero Cloud is a solution that enables businesses to monitor and manage their carbon footprint across their entire value chain.
It tracks emissions from energy consumption, travel, and supply chain operations, among others. The cloud-based platform provides a centralized dashboard that offers real-time insights into carbon emissions, which can be used to identify areas of improvement and set targets for reducing emissions.
Salesforce Net Zero Cloud -Driving Sustainability for Hi-Tech Industries
The importance of Net Zero Cloud cannot be overstated, especially in the hi-tech industries. These industries are responsible for a significant portion of global carbon emissions, and it's essential that they take responsibility for their environmental impact.
How does Hi-Tech companies significantly contribute to carbon emissions
- A Hi-Tech company with large office spaces that are well-lit and fully air-conditioned, charging hundreds/thousands of workstations, operating at least 18x5 hours at full capacity consumes a significant amount of electricity units in a month.
- Data Centers, being a crucial aspect of IT industries, have immense power consumption. Their approximate power consumption is substantial, sometimes even exceeding the annual energy consumption of certain countries.
- Hi-Tech companies are accountable for their fuel consumption related to generators and cooling systems, as these contribute to their overall carbon footprint and environmental impact.
- These organizations are also accountable for the carbon emissions resulting from their employees' daily commute to the office, air travel, and the management of electronic waste.
Hi-tech companies are taking measures to improve their sustainability score by adopting renewables, optimizing processes, and transitioning to better and innovative technology solutions.
By adopting Salesforce's Net Zero Cloud, companies in the hi-tech sector can effectively align with their net-zero emissions objectives, effectively curbing their carbon footprint and actively promoting a sustainable future.
This innovative platform will serve as a centralized repository of accurate and transparent reporting of emissions data while facilitating auditing processes.
How Salesforce Net Zero Cloud Works - It isn't just Decarbonization!
Net Zero Cloud is built on the Salesforce platform, using its robust data management and analytics capabilities to track and report on an organization's carbon emissions. It uses a combination of data sources, including utility bills, transportation logs, and supply chain data, to calculate a company's carbon footprint.
To do this, Net Zero Cloud relies on a set of standardized methodologies and emissions factors developed by leading environmental organizations such as the World Resources Institute (WRI) and the Greenhouse Gas Protocol. These methodologies ensure that carbon emissions are calculated consistently across different industries and regions.
Once an organization's carbon footprint has been calculated, Net Zero Cloud provides a range of tools and dashboards to help track progress toward net-zero emissions targets. This includes real-time monitoring of energy consumption and carbon emissions, as well as scenario modeling to identify the most effective strategies for reducing emissions.
Carbon Credit Marketplace
Net Zero Cloud also supports carbon offsetting, allowing organizations to purchase carbon credits to offset their emissions. This feature includes a marketplace of certified carbon offset projects that meet internationally recognized standards such as the Verified Carbon Standard (VCS) and the Gold Standard.
Net Zero Cloud integrates seamlessly with other Salesforce products, such as Sales Cloud and Service Cloud, to provide a comprehensive view of an organization's environmental impact across all its operations.
How Jade Can Help You Achieve Your Net Zero/Sustainability Goals Faster
Implementing Net Zero Cloud can be daunting for organizations, but that's where Jade comes in. Jade is a certified Salesforce Implementation Partner and can help your businesses leverage the full potential of the Salesforce platform, including Net Zero Cloud.
- Our quick Starter MVP model provides your end-to-end Net Zero implementation, followed by integrations, enhancements, and managed services.
- We can help you with Net Zero implementation and comprehensive support throughout every stage of the implementation process.
- Jade as Salesforce Consulting partner will thoroughly evaluate your carbon footprint and devise a well-defined roadmap for reducing emissions.
- We will help you integrate data and train your employees to use the platform effectively.
Jade is among the few Salesforce Implementation Partners with Net Zero Cloud expertise and implementation experience. We recently helped a broadcasting company get started with their Scope 1 and Scope 2 carbon accounting in just 8 weeks.
Carbon emissions are different for companies in various sectors! A manufacturing company's factory unit will be the highest emitter, whereas a hi-tech company's maximum carbon emissions could be their data centers or electronic waste! It takes brainstorming at the executive level to identify the carbon emissions, and Jade's diverse industry experience will help you smoothen this challenging journey.
To check out Jade’s Net Zero Cloud configured in our demo org, please connect with Jade.