Oracle Quoting Background
Businesses use Oracle Quoting to propose product solutions and perform negotiations on products prices to get new orders for the business. It streamlines the entire opportunity-to-quote-to-order process, including product selection, configuration, pricing, quoting, ordering, and approval workflows.
A quote is an offer to a customer that contains priced products and shows a total price for the offer. You create a quote when you accumulate products for a customer and save your work.
Following are some of the Quoting features and functionalities to satisfy various business needs:
- Specify End Customer Information
- Support flexible pricing within a quote including manual price overrides
- Support for multi-currency price lists
- Perform customer credit checks
- Create quote from an opportunity
- Add service products to a quote
- Support Line-Level Payments and Charges
- Initiate approvals, using the Oracle Approvals engine, with out-of-the-box notifications
- Print quotes in PDF and RTF formats with enhanced printing
- Support for XML Publisher RTF Templates and Output