This case study explains how Oracle Fusion Cloud enabled SEMrush to achieve higher business agility and productivity for better decision support. They leveraged Oracle Fusion to automate the bookkeeping of large volumes of transaction entries. This eliminated human error, reduced time and effort creating reports, and ensured accurate financial records for SOX and audit compliance.
About the Client:
The SEMrush started in 2008 as a small group of SEO and IT specialists united by one mission — to make online competition fair and transparent, with equal opportunities for everyone. After eleven years of trailblazing experiments and constant progress, SEMrush has grown into the world's leading competitive research service for online marketing. SEMrush proposes to its customers a full range of the best competitive intelligence solution for all digital marketing spheres. Currently, the SEMrush has over 1000 employees working in 8 offices located in 5 countries and two continents. The SEMrush has offices in the following countries: USA, Russia, Czech Republic, Republic of Cyprus, Poland.
Hi-tech – Marketing Platform
One of the major challenges the company was facing was time-consuming manual operations and scattered legacy business processes for payables, which were delaying period close and management reporting.
- Multiple ERPs and third-party tools (Microsoft Navision, ADP, Alfresco,1C, Deloitte, Bamboo HR, and AUTOCONT) and different business processes delays period close and management reporting
- High volume transactions and scattered legacy business processes for payables
- Manual supplier payment (AP Invoice) application with high volume transactions
- The complex approval process for Journals, Purchase Requisitions, Change Orders, Payables Invoices, and Expenses Reports along with Budgetary Control implementation
- Banking operations were time-consuming