Large, complex IT systems at companies make application portfolio assessment one of the most time-consuming and complex endeavors you can undertake.
At times, applications will exist only in silos, and they can run for years doing the same thing as something else – and no one notices. With smaller application portfolios, this is still possible as well. Many organizations do not manage their portfolios at all, whether they have a large application portfolio or a small one. Instead, they sit back and allow things to get tough, both from a budgetary standpoint and a development one.
The Application Assessment from Jade will enable you to figure out what types of systems you have and how your focus and energy can be better utilized toward your goals and performance. Jade’s Application Assessment helps those who cannot identify their IT opportunities of any kind, in their budgets, with planning, consolidation, or even prospects in rationalization. Application assessment services will help you to perform that assessment and then understand the results for an improved look at inefficiencies, complexities and maintenance costs.
Many companies taking steps toward application modernization are blocked by the complexity of legacy platforms, public cloud technologies, modern architectures, the new processes, and development workflows that come with them.
Jade’s Application Rationalization Team of experts will elevate your existing application portfolio and unlock the power of automation, cloud-native development, and application value.
How Jade can help and the USPs of our offerings as a whole
The first solution is for organizations that wish for an agnostic third-party assessment of their current application portfolio:
This starts with a two-day (or more) workshop and SME interviews conducted at the customers’ location or virtually. Using the workshop, discussions, and a tool-based scan, Jade provides agnostic insights into ensuring that an organization’s enterprise application portfolio and IT strategy are closely unified for customer success, utilizing our highly trained enterprise consultants.
Application Rationalization outcomes for applications:
- Short-Term: Retire low-value applications as a quick win and save on support.
- Mid-Term: Consolidation to fewer tech stacks, applications, and versions, further reducing the TCO.
- Long-Term: Enhance through simplification and modern consumption-based application rewrite.
Application Rationalization Deliverables
Following the data collection process, our team will document the findings and recommendations, including, but not limited to:
- Application Rationalization Portfolio Scorecard
- Isolated view and recommendations for critical applications
- Enterprise roadmap to align and optimize to a Hybrid IT strategy
- Application Rationalization for Enterprise and Custom Applications
- Cloud Applications
- On-Prem Applications
- Hybrid (Cloud and On-Prem or Multi-Region) Applications
How are our Solutions/Services better than what exist in the market for a given problem(s)
Our detailed assessment approach to application rationalization focuses on creating a clear outcome-based roadmap for each application based on critical data collected:
Key benefits of an application rationalization include:
- Provide a detailed review of each application from both a business and IT value.
- Build a tool-based view to see a “snapshot” of each application from a performance, dependency, and network perspective.
- Gain consensus and align current technology stacks, tooling, methodologies, and processes with business objectives.
- Move away from redundant IT applications that are expensive, risky, and wasteful.
- Create a current long-term application portfolio strategy optimized to ensure business and IT success.
- Assess current organizational structure and staffing, and provide recommendations on skills and resourcing gaps.
- Identify overlooked areas such as security considerations or disaster recovery.
- Create a high-level application landing zone framework and road map with the next steps.
- Align critical technologies such as Cloud Computing, Hybrid IT, and DevOps to your planned application standards for IT and the business.
How Can We Help You?
Jade Global’s latest solutions, success stories, and visions for the future. Explore our insights to discover trends, capabilities, and industry approaches that will transform your business and deliver a fresh perspective.