Our customer is a leading supplier of intelligent communication solutions for the Core, Metro, Access, Enterprise and Digital Home network market segments. Their diverse product portfolio (300+ products), with tens of millions of units shipped per year, is installed in the top 25 global networks.
Our Customer’s Challenge
- Needed a Single source of data for employee information globally.
- Excessive time spent managing changes for Focal and benefits enrollment processing. Data on multiple spreadsheets.
- Benefits processing done manually with paper forms.
- Manual data entry into Insurance Carriers’ systems. Reduced data integrity.
- Employees lacked visibility to their current and prior elections.
- PANs filled out by managers and walked through approval process.
- Paper trail compromised employee data security.
- Managers lacked real‐time data on their teams, relying on spreadsheets.
- Mid‐cycle changes cumbersome for managers, submitted using manual forms (salary, titles, departments, addresses, etc.).
Oracle Advanced Benefits, v. R12 – Employee Self Service
- Manual work‐flow for notifying HR for demographic changes
- Prior to Oracle used paper forms
- It took 2 weeks to manually enter data (Open Enrollment)
- Employees can view and enter their own data
- Data automatically flows to insurance carriers & ADP payroll system
- Reduced processing time from 2 weeks to 2 days
- Greatly reduced the amount of labor used by both HR and employees
- Reduce Administrative Costs
- Reduce HR materials & distribution costs (with statements, etc.)
Compensation Workbench, v. R12 – Manager Self Service
- Data kept on multiple spreadsheets
- Manually updated and entered into the system
- Data integrity issues
- 60-70% of work reduced by automation
- Managers given real‐time visibility to their team
- HR able to include built in recommendations
- Managers able to make recommendations
- Automated approval process using AME
- Employee Statement – employees and managers can view a statement that outlines their compensation (salary, bonus, etc.)
- Open Enrollment went from taking 2 weeks to 2 days
- Improvement in data integrity
- Improved data security
- Reduced employee time spent by 60‐70% Managers have real‐time visibility to their team
- Employees can view their current and prior elections
- Automated approval process for compensation changes
- Compensation statement