Client - Gibson Overseas Inc.
Industry - Retail and Distribution; Tabletop, Houseware, Dinnerware
About the Client
Gibson Overseas, Inc. is a U.S. based multi-category manufacturer of dinnerware, cookware, cutlery, and kitchen tools and gadgets. Gibson’s all-inclusive services - design, marketing, manufacturing, and customized packaging options – have helped to establish the brand as a leading resource for the world’s best retailers. Gibson sells its innovative products through private labels including Pioneer Woman, Laurie Gates, Oster, Sunbeam, Crockpot, Mr. Coffee and Gibson Elite.
Gibson operates in one-million square foot warehouses in Los Angeles and San Bernardino, California with additional facilities in Canada. The company was founded in 1979 and is headquartered in Commerce, California with a showroom in New York, New York.
Business Value Delivered
With its modern and digital Cloud platform, Gibson has been able to grow rapidly and acquire more customers and share of the customer spend. Similarly, Gibson can quickly onboard additional suppliers, helping to reduce procurement and logistic spend. Gibson’s seamless ERP consolidation and integration improved operational efficiency, overall employee productivity, data flow, quality of management information, and led to significant cost savings. The integrated PLM and ERP applications allow Gibson to eliminate delays in product releases, potential revenue losses and obsolescence costs. Multi-phased implementation of Oracle Cloud SaaS and PaaS Applications resulted in faster business benefits and better adoption of Cloud processes.
Jade streamlined Gibson’s complete end-to-end business processes with the enablement of Oracle OTBI, FR Studio and Custom Reporting, and migrating master and transactional data from EBS to Cloud. Jade’s user training and change management assistance to Gibson’s end-users resulted in dramatic business performance improvements. After undergoing personnel training, Gibson’s team was equipped with the skills and technological know-how to build business critical reports and work more efficiently with its new Cloud applications.
The key extensions implemented during this project, such as trade management and shipping automations, allowed further improvements in business productivity and speed of operations.
High Level Global Trade Management Solution Diagram.
Figure 3 outlines the high level Global Trade Management (GTM) solution created for Gibson
Products & Services
- Implementation of the following Oracle Cloud Applications:
- Financials – General Ledger, Payables, Receivables, Tax, Fixed Assets, Cash Management.
- Supply Chain – Procurement, Order Management, Demand and Supply Planning, Inventory, Costing, Landed Cost, Product Development Cloud, Product Data Hub
- EDI with around 100 partners and dozens of formats
- Oracle PaaS – Java Cloud Service, Database Cloud Service, Data Visualization Cloud Service (DVCS) and Oracle SOA for integrations
- Trade Promotion and Claims Management (Jade Global proprietary solution)
- Jade Trade Management Solution, 3PL integrations
- EDI integrations using SOA, OIC, PAAS, GSX, CommerceHub, etc
- Oracle Transactional Business Intelligence (OTBI) with 50+ complex reports
- Oracle FR Studio and Custom Reporting using PAAS data
- Adopt Modern, Digital, and Scalable Cloud Applications to support high growth
- Seamless cross-functional business processes: Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, Record to Report, Plan to Procure and EDI integration with Partners like Walmart, Target, BBB, Macy’s, Costco, Yusen, etc.
- Standardize business processes, eliminate customizations where possible, and provide integrated “MUST HAVE” customizations such as – EDI orders, shipping, trip functionality and label printing
- Supply chain and demand planning Self-service robust reporting solution
- Large order creations through EDI (thousands of lines in a single order)
- Heavy customizations within the existing EBS footprint (mainly in Order-to-Cash) were difficult to maintain
- Multiple functionalities required real-time integrations between custom applications (GXS, ProcessWeaver and Loftware) and Oracle Cloud
- Label printing, shipping documents, and business reporting were challenging due to disparate systems and data elements
- Oracle Financials – General Ledger, Payables, Receivables, Cash Management, Fixed Assets, Taxes
- Supply Chain – Procurement, Order Management, Demand and Supply Planning, Inventory, Manufacturing, Costing, Landed Cost Management, Product Development Cloud, Product Data Hub
- EDI with approximately 100 partners and dozens of different formats including 180, 810, 820, 850, 856, 860, 865, etc.; both inbound and outbound with customer dictated formats and additional attributes in each report
- Integrations with GXS, ProcessWeaver, Loftware, Fedex and UPS
- PAAS Extensions for Trip Functionality and Shipping Automations
- Trade Management Solution for Trade Promotion and Channel Claims Management
- Item Status and Performance Report to provide historical and forecasted sales along with key attributes of every item in a user readable format built in PAAS
- 5+ PLM extensions for process agility and speed (Phase 2)
- 40+ complex customer facing documents
- 60+ complex OTBI reports
- 2 rounds of user training
- WMS Cloud - Logfire (Phase 2)
- Streamlined complete end-to-end business processes
- Significantly improved business speed, scalability, and agility, allowing Gibson to service additional customers and business growth
- Faster onboarding of new suppliers on the EDI platform, expanding supply base and reducing procurement spend and overheads
- Speed of operations and communication flow prevent thousands in penalty costs per year
- Total cost of ownership for business applications improved by over 35%
- Automatic upgrades reduced support costs related to patching and upgrades
- Integrated PLM, ERP, SCM, WMS applications with EDI integrations
- Platform to automate and migrate additional business processes to modern Cloud applications