Case Study Overview
A leader in tool and equipment retailing achieves performance improvement, space recovery & reduced complexity and time for the upcoming Oracle EBS 12.1 to 12.2 Upgrade.
About the Client
Harbor Freight Tools is a leader in providing high-quality tools at the lowest prices in the industry. The company offers various products, including hand tools, power tools, engines and generators, welding equipment, material handling implements, and tools and equipment for automotive and motorcycle repair. It operates 650 stores across the U.S.
- Imminent EBS Upgrade challenges
- Harbor Freight had an extremely high volume of inventory transactions
- Database maintenance was complex and time-consuming along with slow performance
- Data in EBS was growing at a rapid speed
- Harbor Freight wanted to implement an “Archive & Datawarehouse" solution for its Oracle EBS R12.2.10 upgrade to keep the Oracle EBS backend database size at healthy levels and prevent it from growing abnormally
- Harbor Freight's key requirement was to design and develop UI screens to query and download the archived data and retain four years of data in EBS and migrate historical data to Cloud DB
- The Jade Global Team Utilized ODI on Cloud Marketplace to migrate data from on-Premise Oracle DB to Cloud DB for archival. Auto scheduled to load monthly, minimizing user intervention for ease of use
- Custom concurrent programs were developed utilizing standard APIs to Purge INV, AP, LCM, PO data for Inventory, Purchasing Landed Cost, and Accounts Payable modules.
- Jade Global's experts built APEX UI screens with Role-based security to download and query for historical transactions and archived data.
- Jade Global Improved the performance of Harbor Freight
- With the Archive & Datawarehouse, Space Recovery (~10 TB) was improved upon by the Jade Global team
- Reduced complexity and time for the upcoming EBS R12.2.10 upgrade
Congratulations on the completion of a very well executed project! Thanks to the leadership and the offshore team's commitment, we were able to navigate all the roadblocks and go-live on schedule as planned. This was a challenging project with a lot of moving parts. It was great to work with the entire Jade Global team.
- Ameet, Harbor Freight