The Client is a provider of highly integrated semiconductor processors that enable intelligent networking, communications, storage, video and security applications. Its customer base products have been designed-in by the World’s leading networking, wireless, storage and security vendors.
The client is running Oracle Applications Release 220.127.116.11 for its Financials, Supply Chain, & Procurement.
Our Customer’s Challenge
- Client acquired another organization running on different non Oracle Applications and thus there was an immediate need to get the acquired organization on board in the stipulated timelines with utmost quality.
- The acquired organization was primarily providing Professional services, and thus client needed to extend their Oracle Application footprint to support the new engagements as well as support the existing Non-Professional offerings.
- The client also had to streamline their business process to balance both the Oracle Applications, and the third party applications like SALESFORCE, SOFTRAX, UNANET, etc. so that there is no major impact to the business and users.
- Client has a history of Java based external applications to cater their growing demand of Business Reporting out of Oracle EBS following SOX compliance. This has led to overhead in terms of maintenance, system resource utilizations, and importantly cost.
Jade Global Projects Team, in conjunction with the Client, strategically decided to implement Oracle Projects Suite in a phased approach, by obsolescing the redundant applications.
- Phase I inclusions were designing of Projects Foundation and Billing without compromising any latency of existing revenue accrual methods, and streamlining of processes & reporting.
- Phase II comprises of integration of Oracle Order Management to comply with the Projects billing and put Projects costing in place, of course, by integrating with Accounts Payables and time management tool UNANET.
This strategy was designed to be executed using proven Jade Global methodologies for the Onsite/Offshore model, keeping the Client involved at all stages and getting the bulk of work done Offshore to get maximum value for the client.
- Successful implementation of Projects Foundation & Billing by seamlessly integrating it with Oracle Financials in the first phase with SOX compliance
- Higher customer retention – Client was impressed with the innovative solutions & team effort, and Jade Global is now handling multiple projects for this client.
- Completed all activities successfully despite the aggressive timelines.
- Jade Global was successful in delivering a unique solution to their reporting challenges by adhering to latest Oracle EBS reporting trends, specifically XML reporting. To keep it simple, no XML templates were used, and neither there were usage of other complex tools like Oracle Reports. A very simple PL/SQL package was made to generate the dynamic columns in XML form, and the output was taken care by the setup of system viewer options.
- At the peak of the project, Jade Global had a team of 1 offshore and 2 Onsite personnel. The project was executed within 3 months.
- Project was closely monitored by client for successful completion within the planned schedule – Client was happy with the regular status updates and the onsite/offshore team coordination was commended.
- Post–implementation support has helped lower operational costs and sustained benefits.