Our Client is a privately held garment manufacturer whose large selection of women’s and children’s clothing is marketed under private labels and its own through major retail and online stores in the United States.
- To remove redundant paper work at various transit points
- To create a process to move garments within the warehouses, zones, racks, and finally to shipping
- To build a database for storing the inventory locations that will be used in the semiannual inventory audit
- Garments location within the warehouse is mostly visible only to the warehouse personnel who arrange them
- Merchandizers or supervisors depend on the warehouse personnel to keep track of garments.
- The life cycle of the garment is only a few weeks and it is essential to find if there is some stock yet to be shipped or sold
Jade Global’s Solution – Inventory Tracking
- Used handheld device based barcode solution in .NET. Standardized the receiving documents that are barcoded. Each rack and rail, pallet zone is also barcoded.
- The garment barcodes are scanned and assigned to the rack and rail barcodes
- A standalone application can query the database for a SKU’s (Style, Color, Label) location.
- Easy to use solution for a warehouse personnel
- Capturing data at the source of the transaction and updating the same as the garments move within the warehouse, removes paper based data entries, avoiding typos and duplicate data entry